Tamiya Super Astute
Tamiya is delighted to announce the updated re-issue of another classic: the Super Astute (originally released as Item 58097 back in 1991). The basic construction and design of the model remains true to the original, with various minor upgrades. Super fun off-road driving awaits with this high-performance 2WD buggy’s rugged chassis, durable suspension and TTC (Tamiya Traction Control system).
- This is a 1/10 scale 2WD R/C model assembly kit.
- 2.5mm thickness FRP chassis gives a low centre of gravity for excellent balance.
- The battery pack position has been slightly enlarged. Please note it
- is not compatible with square-shaped battery packs.
- 4-wheel double wishbone suspension employs CVA oil dampers.
- Sealed gearbox features TTC, which was Tamiya's first slipper clutch and protects
- gears from impacts and gives stable drive by limiting wheel spin.
- Externally the same as on the original, it features a modernized internal design, and can be adjusted
- simply by removing the gearbox cover and turning the lock nut.
- Efficient 0.5 module gear included.
- A low-profile servo is required for this model.
- High-traction front rib-spike and rear square spike tires provide superb response and awesome cornering.
- Comes with durable and lightweight polycarbonate body and rear wing, plus a protective under cowl.
Requires: 2-channel radio, steering servo, electronic speed controller (ESC), motor, 7.2-volt battery pack & charger, and Tamiya PS/TS paint, tools for assembly.